Saint Louis University's Physician Assistant Scholars program is an exclusive opportunity for freshmen to be guaranteed a position in SLU's physician assistant program upon graduation from specific pre-PA degree programs offered by the Doisy College of Health Sciences.
The PA Scholars program allows students seeking careers as physician assistants to gain valuable health care credentials prior to entrance into the post-baccalaureate PA program. This preparatory education, in conjunction with the PA program's didactic and clinical curriculum, enriches the graduate's expertise and competence. In addition, it allows students the opportunity for a rewarding health care career should they elect not to continue in the graduate PA program upon completion of their bachelor's degree.
DCHS PA Scholars Tracks
Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Nuclear Medicine Technology
Nutrition and Dietetics**
*Athletic Training is a 3+2, five-year master's program. Students would enter the PA program in their sixth year.
**A degree in nutrition and dietetics requires admittance to a post-baccalaureate, accredited internship for eligibility to become a registered dietitian. PA Scholars may elect to seek an accredited internship following completion of their bachelor's degree and start in the PA program after the internship or complete the internship following the completion of the PA program.
The application requirements are as follows:
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5, weighted or unweighted, as reported on the high school transcript at the close of junior year
- Completion of at least three years of high school math and science - four years of math and science highly recommended
- SLU has moved to a test-optional admission process for all undergraduate programs. Applicants may submit standardized test scores, but those who choose not to will not be at a disadvantage in any way in the admission process.
- Complete and submit online application for freshman admission and all required materials by December 1 of your senior year of high school. Indicate one of the approved degrees and "Pre-PA" as your pre-professional program.
- Complete the PA Scholars application through your MySLU portal by December 1 of your senior year of high school
- Submit two letters of recommendation, postmarked by December 1. The letters can be
emailed to email@example.com or mailed to:
Saint Louis University Office of Admission
One North Grand Blvd., DuBourg Hall Room 119
St. Louis, MO 63103
- Application Timeline:
December 1 of senior year of high school: application must be submitted
March of senior year of high school: admission decisions mailed to applicants
May 1 of senior year: acceptance of invitation required
- If you are selected for admission as a PA Scholar, you must confirm your acceptance by completing the PA Scholars Program Invitation Response Form.
Saint Louis University takes pride in being one of Barron's Best Buys in College Education and Kiplinger's Best Values in Private Colleges.
For information regarding the upcoming academic year’s tuition rate, fees and financial aid, visit SLU Financial Services.
As a PA Scholar, you will take courses in biology, chemistry, statistics, human anatomy, human physiology, anatomy and physiology, microbiology, genetics and medical terminology.